- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2′ pieces
- 1 sweet apple, peeled, cut into 1/2″ pieces
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, halved
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fat-free sour cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 450°. Place sweet potatoes, apple onion and garlic in roasting pan. Toss with oil, season with salt & pepper. Roast, tossing once or twice until soft and onions are starting to brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Place 1/2 mixture in food processor, adding just enough broth to cover. Puree, pouring in more broth until soup is smooth and not too thick. Repeat with rest of mixture.
Warm, add optional sour cream and serve.