Apple Cider is a Healthy Decision!
Since 1977, Louisburg Cider Mill has been manufacturing 100% pure, delicious Apple Cider. Today, as Americans look for healthier choices, our Old Fashioned Apple Cider offers a very juicy selection to all ages and types of customers.
Why Choose Louisburg Apple Cider?
- We are one of the finest fresh, natural ciders available
- Natural fiber and pulp of the apple is intentionally left in our cider (This is what gives our cider a slightly cloudy look)
- Our Cider is not from concentrate, and is fully pasteurized
- We use a choice blend of 100% USA apples
- Our natural cider is unfiltered, has no preservative, sweetener, or additive of any kind
For Your Health, Drink a Glass of Cider!
The high pectin count in apples and Louisburg Cider Mill Apple Cider may be one of the reasons for the reputed ability to keep the doctor away. Many recent reports have shown that natural pectin lowers blood cholesterol more effectively than a number of drugs prescribed for this very purpose — without the harmful side effects of some of the drugs.
Studies Have Shown Apple Cider is a Rich Source of Antioxidants
We are often asked, “What is the difference between apple juice and apple cider?”. Basically, the answer is; If the natural pulp (which is known as pomace) is left in the juice of the apple, then it is referred to as Apple Cider . Apple Juice is much more processed and “thinner” or clearer. It’s been found that cloudy cider, like ours, has more antioxidants than clear apple juice. And we think more flavor, too! Cloudy Apple Cider has up to four times the levels of polyphenols, a group of antioxidant plant compounds and is more effective as a free radical scavenger.
By the way, our Apple Cider is known as “sweet” and is not fermented.